Madelene Webb (MSTAT)
Teacher of the Alexander Technique
I provide a service teaching Alexander Technique lessons and I own the website www.eastkentalexandertechnique.co.uk which I manage in connection with this service.
This policy explains what personal information I collect, how and why it is collected, how it is stored, how it will be used and if/how this information is shared.
Privacy information relevant to Alexander Technique pupils
- Information gathered includes your name, address, email address and phone numbers and other relevant, brief notes for example your reason for seeking Alexander lessons. This information is written on paper and is stored in a lockable cabinet.
- Use of Information Contact details are used when needed to schedule further appointments or in an emergency to change appointment times. Any relevant notes are for reference only and are not shared with any third parties.
- Passwords known only to me secure computers, phones and tablets which may contain phone numbers or email addresses.
- Duration of Data records Records are generally kept for 8 years and while pupils continue to have Alexander Technique lessons.
- All data are maintained in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which states that all individuals have certain rights regarding their data, including:
- Right of Access. Individuals can ask for a copy of the personal data retained about them and an explanation of how it’s being used.
- Right to rectification. Individuals have the right to correct, revise or remove any of the personal data retained about them at any time.
- Right to be forgotten. Individuals can ask to delete their personal data.
- Right to restrict processing. If an individual believes, for example, that their personal data is inaccurate or collected unlawfully, the individual may request limited use of their personal data.
- Right of Portability. Individuals have the right to receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
- Right to object. Where an individual decides that they no longer wish to allow their personal data to be included in analytics or to receive direct marketing emails or other personalised (targeted) marketing content at any time, the individual may opt out of the use of their data for these purposes.
Privacy information relevant to the use of my website
- Contact forms I use a contact form which is automatically generated when you click the ‘contact me’ link on the website. The form asks for your name, your email address, your phone number and your question so that an appropriate reply to your question can be sent directly to you. The form is then securely and privately stored.
If you have further questions about the information above please contact Madelene Webb at email@example.com. You can find out more about your data protection from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at https://ico.org.uk/